In all honesty I won't have time to provide full reports on matches over the summer.
However I hope to drop a few notes in now and again as much as a way of processing my own thinking. Here's game one:
- West scored 260 batting first and it could have been 300. The intent was bang on, we just kept going hard even as wickets fell. I would prefer to see us go for 300 and fall short than be terrified of getting out and making 150.
- Bowling was great, winning by 105 runs.
- Ground fielding was good.
- Four dropped catches was bad considering how much work we put in, however two were by a usual very safe hands, so it might be a one off.
- We didn't need the pro who barely got a run and didn't take a wicket.
- My new stat tracking this year is harder, but just about manageable, it should throw up some interesting stuff.