The last session was strange, but it ended up being rescued with some adaptation.
We had several flurries of sleety snow and superb sunshine between. That put paid to my original idea of middle practice. It was too soggy an outfield and an uncovered wicket.
Several people dropped out, as per usual in the wet, some were super late and several others didn't turn up. Naughty.
Of those who did turn up, we started with some basic fielding as it was so wet it was hard to do too much until things dried a bit. Plus numbers were low for the first 45 minutes. Oddly, two people arrived and sat down to watch the fielding rather than join in. I was too busy with people practicing to question it.
After a while, the pitch dried enough to attempt bowling. We had a quick net, getting through eight players of various standards in an hour. I managed to let two first team batsman face only decent bowling for 15 minutes, then threw all the guys in together for a hit. Most of them were new faces so I have not sussed out fully their skill level or commitment yet. Signs are good though.
With a negative approach it could have been a disaster. By "getting on with it", we got something useful done for a range of player skills. Even though it snowed! That's a win.